About Me

My photo
My name is Wayne Chamberlain and I'm a geek daddy who is into Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, books, movies, video games and talking to creative people about their work in these mediums. And that's what you'll find here, along with news, previews and reviews. I'm a journalist, an editor and co-host of the Star Wars Book Report podcast. So come on in and feel free to geek out in a fun, friendly environment.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

007 coming to Blu-ray

I love my Blu-ray DVDs and following in the footsteps of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, everyone's favourite spy with the licence to kill is now headed to glorious high-def later this year. 
Bond 50, a box-set featuring all 22 James Bond films on Blu-ray, features more than 130 hours of bonus features. 
And with Daniel Craig now lensing the 23rd Bond film, Skyfall, which is slated to hit theatres next fall, this promises to be a great way to prep for that flick. 
No word yet on a release date or a price. I don't know about you, but I paid $70 for six Star Wars Blu-rays, $70 for three LOTR Blu-rays and Future Shop is selling the eight Harry Potter Blu-ray set for $110. So, I'm assuming 22 Bond flicks are gonna be a little on the pricey side. Stay tuned ...
For more, visit www.mgm.com.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! I picked up the full set of Harry Potter Blu-Rays here in London for only £30. Not sure if there are the same Regional restrictions as there are with DVDs though. (That is a question for someone far geekier than me...)

    And on a total side note, one of the scenes from Diamonds are Forever was filmed in my office's old deathtrap of an elevator.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpffY6ZRfZk

    For you film geeks in London, it is 107 Fleet Street. If you act like you belong there, you can ride it with impunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's gonna have to be something I check out on my visit to London one of these days. Very cool. I love little personal touches.
      And I believe that the UK does have it's own regional restriction - but I'd have to research that a little further. I'm just scared that the Bond DVDs are gonna be somewhere around the $150 range. It's a lot of movies for that price, but that's a whack of cash to drop at one time.

      Delete